Join The Team
As our wonderful business continues to grow our team needs to grow too. As well as our love for coffee, our team runs on our drive to impact and improve our community through quality service, products and culture. We are currently recruiting for the following positions and would love to hear from you if you think you would be an asset to our team.
Are you passionate about coffee and genuine, meaningful customer service?
You are? You may well be exactly what we are looking for. Now is your chance:)
Coffee On The Crescent Baristas.
- Know how to dial in and make a perfect brew
- Share our passion for people as well as coffee
- Are super reliable.
- Have a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Have an eye for detail
- Embody the mission and core values of the shop (quality, inspirational, sustainable, community building, leaders in our field)
35 Hours a week £10 per hour + performance bonuses and your share of tips.
Coffee on the Crescent is looking for an experienced manager that can maintain the spirit and ethos of the shop whilst maintaining an expert eye on the business’ profitability and success. You will of course have excellent customer service skills, and ideally a love for coffee with barista expertise to match. Organisation and problem solving are the key to running this independent business. You will take full autonomy for all areas of the business and so, an ability to remain calm, make rational decisions and resolve staff, customer and supplier issues quickly and efficiently.
- Staff management including payroll, rotas etc.
- Recruitment, induction and retention - actively finding the best staff, motivating and developing those staff and retaining them.
- Able to take steps to improve negative behaviours from staff when necessary.
- Generates energy, initiative and flexibility between team members. Gains total respect from all staff.
- Keeps all HR documentation up to date and makes improvement to training documents when necessary.
- Understands business numbers (P&L/budgeting), and is able to communicate effectively with accountant
- Can prioritise tasks and has great time management
- Maintaining compliance on hygiene standards and certification
- Sales development planning to include new customers, increased spend and repeat custom - Identifying key dates in the shops calendars in order to maximise sales.
- Proactively plans and ensures maintenance of the shop - layout, upkeep of equipment,
- Manages online presence on social media, including reviews on TA and Google
- Proactively incorporates, improves, innovates and develops systems in order to increase efficiency, profitability and customer service
- Forward thinking based on short, medium and long term criteria and overall strategy to develop new income streams
- Source new products in line with business needs and profitability.
- Consistently uses initiative and that of the team to improve all aspects of the business.
- Considers the cost, opportunity cost, time spent and short, medium and long term implications.
- Able to ensure correct levels of ordering to avoid over ordering and wastage, taking into account the seasonal nature of the business
- Keeps all accounting documents up to date and organised
- Must drive
- Local to the shop and enjoys community involvement
To apply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com